Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Shopping for Books and Magazines the Recessionista Way!

The Recessionista was very distraught to find that her subscriptions to The Star and The National Enquirer were about to expire. Even more distraught to see that rates had increased. Harumpf. (Now, it should be noted that Recessionista subscribes to her favorite magazines because it saves tons of $$$ versus buying at the newsstand.)

So I hopped onto Ebates.com, found many magazine sellers and shopped for a combination of rates and discounts, and of course cross-referenced with coupons from BradsDeals.com. Here's the net: The Star was $61 for a year, Recessionista got it for a 5% savings; The National Enquirer was $68 for 6 months, Recessionista got it for a 15% savings.

Satisfied, I turned on the TV and watched an interview with a gentleman whose book has been optioned by Brad Pitt. A must read! Retail $27.50, Amazon $16.50, Recessionista $12 including shipping -- how? Ebates got me to Half.com for 3% off, and I added a $5 coupon from Retailmenot.com. To quote Will Smith, "Boom goes the dynamite!" Enthused, Recessionista repeated the exercise and got the new Jodi Picoult book for $9.

Let's not forget our local friends at Half Price Books. Beginning tomorrow and lasting a week, coupons abound for 20-50% off any single item. Didn't get your coupon? Drop me an email and I can help you out.

Got a tip for the Recessionista? Want to promote your deals here? Send an email to the Valley Ranch Recessionista at TheValleyRanchRecessionista@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment