Saturday, March 14, 2009

Let's Go To The Movies!

Recently, a friend lured me out of my nabe to see the "cheap show" at the Inwood. I don't consider $7 for a 1:30p matinee "cheap"! And, I gotta tell ya, I'm not down with the ticket prices at the AMCs at NorthPark or Valley View.

One of the best movie deals is at the Hollywood Theater at 635 and MacArthur (by the Wal*Mart, which is icky so I close my eyes and pretend it's not there). The first screening of EACH movie EVERY day is just $4.50! Most first-screenings are between noon-1:30p. So for us unemployed folk, that doesn't disturb the joy of sleeping in; and for those working stiffs, what's better than a lunchtime matinee?

The Hollywood also has a Tuesday night twofer -- after 6p, get two adult tix for the price of one. That's $8.75 for two tix. Hollywood is a decent enough theater. Stadium seating. Little arcade area for those of you with spare quarters. A seating area between the arcade and the concessions if you're waiting for someone or -- oof -- dining. They serve Coke instead of Pepsi which makes the Recessionista hap-hap-happy. And the Recessionista can't recall even the most blockiest of blockbusters being sold out. Hooray for Hollywood!


Got a tip for the Recessionista? Want to promote your deals here? Send an email to the Valley Ranch Recessionista at
TheValleyRanchRecessionista@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment