The Recessionista likes to shop. Like, for EVERYTHING. Underwear, outerwear, and anything in between. Books. Pet supplies (the Recessionista loooooves her dogs). Cosmetics. Computer stuff. You name it, Recessionista shops for it! And online shopping is great for cost comparisons.
I'm a big fan of http://www.ebates.com/! This is a portal for online shopping, but even better it provides coupons and cash back! The Ebates cash back varies by site -- from dollar figures that range from $1-$3, to percentages from 1% back to MORE THAN 10% BACK! There are hundreds of sites that provide rebates through Ebates, and some of my faves are eBay, Dell, Sephora, Drugstore.com... I could easily spend a week checking out all the sites that provide cash back through Ebates.
Here's a great example: the Recessionista just got a new Rx for her vision. I called Costco and got a price quote. Checked out 1800 Contacts which was more expensive. Checked out a few of the contact lens suppliers listed in Ebates and I found one that was the same as Costco but provided a 15% off coupon in addition to the 7% cash back from Ebates! So my $183 contact lenses cost me $146 out of pocket and I'll get another $11 back from Ebates. Suh-weet!
Here's another great example: the Recessionista needed a new battery for her laptop. Dell wanted $135. The Recessionista bought one off eBay for $50 but it only lasted 6 months. The Recessionista bought another one from Batteries+ for $100 but it's maximum charge is 2 hours which doesn't last for a whole plane ride between DFW and NYC. So I hopped onto Ebates, found a 25% coupon for Dell and got the $135 batter for $100 in addition to the 2% cash back from Ebates!
I've also bought some books through Half.com, some home decor through eBay, and some miscellaneous stuff from Drugstore.com -- all with cash back from Ebates.
Happy e-shopping!
Got a tip for the Recessionista? Want to promote your deals here? Send an email to the Valley Ranch Recessionista at TheValleyRanchRecessionista@gmail.com
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment